[kj] OT: Are we still talking about Evanescence here?

culture.virus gathering@misera.net
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 20:01:16 -0800

Alex, do you not see your own hypocrisy? You and many others on the
Gathering have blasted Peter for his statements about the "sword of Islam"
and then you turn around and paint all Xian musician's art as moot simply
because of their religious beliefs? Bruce Cockburn is a Xian is his body of
work moot? What about Dylan? What about any number of classical
composers?  And what about reggae? Is it all moot because of their
religious beliefs? After all a great deal of reggae is overtly religious in
it's lyrical content. Does Cat Stevens automatically suck because of his
allegiance to Allah? Do Live automatically suck because of the Buddhist
slant? When are you and the other members of this list going to see that
you're as prejudiced and hateful as the people you condemn? BTW I'm no fan
of Evanescence either.

At 08:22 AM 12/19/03, Alex wrote:

>...if we are, my only observations are:
>1. They're Christians, which renders their music instantly moot, as far as
>I'm concerned.
>2. Despite her much touted operatic background, I don't hear a lot of
>range in her shrill mewling.
>3. If their name is Evanescence, why won't they hurry up and vanish already?
>
>There's more to "Goth/Gothic/Goff" than wearing black, by the way.
>
>Alex in NYC

I am culturevirus