[kj] Jane's year end poll & a wee addition of my own

gathering@misera.net gathering@misera.net
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 21:01:15 GMT

> 17) Most overrated music of the year:  The Darkness would be too easy a
 target, at least they are getting up there and succeeding as a British rock
 band doing their own music. I'm afraid the willingness of the British public to
 lap up the pop idol / boy/girl band mindless, bland, pointless pop cover
 versions will always piss me off a lot more.

Absolutely agreed, and I took a lot of stick for sticking up for The
Darkness.  At least they are breaking the mo(u)ld.

I've gotta speak up here and say that I thoroughly enjoyed "Permission to Land."  They are different than a lot of the nu-metal clogging the airwaves, and I have to give them points for that.

William,
who thought Evanescence was intriguing for a hot minute....