[kj] Jane's year end poll & a wee addition of my own

Amy Moseley Rupp gathering@misera.net
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 14:44:25 -0600 (CST)

Jane:-

> 11) What live bands have you seen recently. Did they rate?  In the last 3 months - NMA, Goldblade, Metal Urbain, The Damned, Machinehead, Therapy?, Alabama 3, Turbonegro, Jane's Addiction, BRMC, GU Medicine, Dandy Warhols, Marilyn Manson, Echo & the Bunnymen, Killing Joke and Giga-0. They all delivered the goods, except Marilyn Manson who was just plain mediocre...

How did you think The Damned & EATB did in detail, if you wouldn't mind?
Two of my faves.

> 17) Most overrated music of the year:  The Darkness would be too easy a target, at least they are getting up there and succeeding as a British rock band doing their own music. I'm afraid the willingness of the British public to lap up the pop idol / boy/girl band mindless, bland, pointless pop cover versions will always piss me off a lot more.

Absolutely agreed, and I took a lot of stick for sticking up for The
Darkness.  At least they are breaking the mo(u)ld.

> 18) Most underrated music of the year:  Hundreds of touring/gigging bands who will never get a look in as long as the great British public continue to buy what they're told to instead of checking out what's happening at their local venue.  (I don't know if this applies to other countries too??).

Absolutely.

> 43) They want replace Franklin Delano Roosevelt's face on the American Dime with the face of Ronald Reagan. What is your reaction: why??

When the question "Brother Can You Spare A Dime" was asked, FDR said
yes.  Reagan said no.  If this went through, I would ask Santa to
rectally implant a roll of the new coinage up every Republican Congressman's
arse.  Bill me.