[kj] YEAR END POLL FOR `03

Phil gathering@misera.net
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 20:33:30 +0000

1) Your Name: Phil

2) Your Age: 34

3) Are you married and have you any children? no and no

4) I live here: Woburn Sands, nr Milton Keynes, UK

5) I've been a member of the Gathering since: about 3 or 4 years

6) What do you want for X-mas? nothing really

7) Your biggest extravagance of the year? new fx unit

8) Your biggest hopes for 2004? that its a better year than 2003

9) What was the last album you bought,why, and how is it?: a 3 cd
drum&bass compilation called "bass in your face". havent had a chance
to hear it all the way through yet, as my flatmate *hates* drum&bass
with a passion (thats the main reason I bought it, of course!), but
what I have heard is pretty good.

10) Not including the new Killing Joke album, what were your top five
favorite releases of the year? I cant think of anything that warrants
a mention

11) What live bands have you seen recently. Did they rate? only live
gigs Ive been to this year has been kj

12) Worst music you heard all year: another call for the darkness here

13) If I find out that the person I'm talking to is a big fan of
_pink floyd__, I lose all interest in talking to them (note: your
answer need not be restricted to music)

14) Band(s) most in need of reforming/touring/releasing new material:
Leftfield

15) Band(s) most in need of hanging it up and calling it a day: yep,
its the darkness again

16) Albums most in need of re-mastering and re-release deluxe stylee:
Pandamonium & Democracy

17) Most overrated music of the year: need I say it ?

18) Most underrated music of the year: ?

19) Next to Killing Joke, my top five favorite bands/artists are:
Sarosa, Underworld, Leftfield, John Digweed, Portishead

20) Express your views on Killing Joke's presence on the Internet
the official website was very poor, the other sites are great

22) Regarding the Joke, despite all the rumormongering, I'd really
like the following to happen: another album, but this time
written/recorded by the full band in the studio, with some proper MC
artwork, and some decent promotion, and of course, lots of live gigs

23) Did you get to see Killing Joke on this tour? If so, briefly
explain your reaction
camden - probably the best gig Ive ever seen in my life
manchester - my ears hurt alot after that one
northampton - there was some prick in the 'mosh pit' trying to start a
fight with virtually everyone, including me, kind of spoilt it a bit
astoria (sat) - fucking brilliant, apart from driving all the way to
london, getting off the end of the M1, then realising Id left my
tickets at home! bollocks! luckily I still had time to drive all the
way home again to pick them up (didnt break the speed limit at all, oh
no, not me guv'!)

24) What would you have rather seen on the album cover, other than the
red Krusty Clown?
the alternative cover that mike's been promising us. where is it mike?

25) Favorite tracks on the new album: Dark Forces, Inferno, D&RS, BOYH

26) Least favorite track on the new album: your'll never get to me=20

27) Were it up to you to have chosen the first single, it would have
been: probably seeing red, although Im not actually all that keen on
the track myself

28) Have you managed to see "the Year of the Devil" as yet? Your
thoughts? no, but I want to

29) Outside of Andy Gill, who would you like to see produce the next
Killing Joke record? pass, just not youth

30) Killing Joke track that best sums up the world today: BOYH

31) Have you bought anything from Malicious Damage yet? If not, WHAT
THE FUCK ARE YOU WAITING FOR? couple of t-shirts, poster, clock, more
soon

32) Goods you'd like to see made available on Mike Coles estimable
site? Malicious Damage Drugs

33) Following the 2004 Elections, I'd like to see this man in the
White House: dont know

34) Do you feel 'safer' now that Saddam Hussein has been apprehended?
not personally

35) Now that he's in custody, I would handle Saddam this way: I heard
an american commentator on tv the other day who said that "Saddam
should receive a fair trial, then be executed". made me laugh, anyway.

36) Where is Osama Bin Laden: a better hidey hole than madam saddam

37) Have we seen the last of terrorism courtesy of Islamists on the
homefront (US/UK/EUR)? of course not

38) Do you feel prepared for another such instance? erm......how can
you be prepared?

39) Do you think Iraq had anything to do with the events of September
11, 2001? no

40) Where were you/what were you doing on that day? at work in Luton

41) Were you the next American president, your first act in office
would be: get some foxy intern to smoke my pole

42) Tony Blair is : married to Zippy.

43) They want replace Franklin Delano Roosevelt's face on the American
Dime with the face of Ronald Reagan. What is your reaction: couldnt
give a fuck

44) George W. Bush is an idiot: True or False. Explain your feeling
why you feel this way. Support your argument: true, and do I really
need to explain why?

45) Under which American administration was the world/your own
situation better off: Bush's or Clinton's? clintons