[kj] YEAR END POLL FOR `03

Christof hamille gathering@misera.net
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 22:21:13 -0500

>1) Your Name:
Chris Hamilton aka Christophe hamille...I don't remeber the rest of 'em

>2) Your Age:
Old enough

>3) Are you married and have you any children?
married. no kids

>4) I live here:
Detroit, Michigan hey hey the Home of Rock 'n' Roll (excerpt from Bob Seger
and the Silver Bullet Band, Live Bullet)

>5) I've been a member of the Gathering since:
I think 2000.  but it is a blur

>6) What do you want for X-mas?
well...seeing that I do not believe in celebrating the birth of some savior
called Jesus I feel silly asking for anything.  But if I had to...not sure.

>10) Not including the new Killing Joke album, what
uhh...Turbonegro Scandinavian Leather.   Concrete Sox REReleases (counts as
2 and they are from the mid 80s ).  Queens of the Stone Age  Songs for the
Deaf (was that this year?).  That is all I got

>12) Worst music you heard all year:
Bands like Simple Plan or the Ataris or anything remotely like that

>14) Band(s) most in need of
>reforming/touring/releasing new material:
Killing Joke (again), Doom, Dropdead, Spinal Tap

>15) Band(s) most in need of hanging it up and calling
>it a day:
Aerosmith, followed closely by KISS.  Agreed wholeheartedly (I still want my
money back from KISS for their "Farewell Tour")

>17) Most overrated music of the year:
See question 12 and add John Mayer type of crap.  What the fuck is so great
about this shit?

>18) Most underrated music of the year:
Killing Joke and Tom Waits.  Any year.

>19) Next to Killing Joke, my top five favorite
>bands/artists are:
Tom Waits
Radio Birdman
OLD KISS (up to Creatures of the Night. Yes I know the Elder and Unamsked
suck real hard.)
DOOM
Turbonegro

>20) Express your views on Killing Joke's presence on
>the Internet
It is there.  Not that great.  Works poorly.  The fan sites are better than
the real/legite thing

>22) Regarding the Joke, despite all the
>rumormongering, I'd really like the following to
>happen:
Don't fucking stop!!!  And at least try to get Big Paul in somewhere.  but
Keep Ted and Paul.

>24) What would you have rather seen on the album
>cover, other than the red Krusty Clown?
Some real thought and time spent on the idea.  One of the weakest album art
I have ever seen.

>25) Favorite track on the new album:
Blood On Your Hands. But it is always changing.

>26) Least favorite track on the new album:
Loose Cannon

>27) Were it up to you to have chosen the first single,
>it would have been:
Seeing Red, Blood On Your Hands or Asteroid.  Any one of those

>28) Have you managed to see "the Year of the Devil" as
>yet? Your thoughts?
No.  But the wife has and she says I would dig it.

>29) Outside of Andy Gill, who would you like to see produce the next
>Killing
>Joke record?
I don't know and barely care.  Put Mr. Thirlwell at the controls

>30) Killing Joke track that best sums up the world today:
I don't know.. Blood On Your Hands

>31) Have you bought anything from Malicious Damage yet? If not, WHAT THE
>FUCK ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
$$$¢¢¢$$$

>32) Goods you'd like to see made available on Mike Coles estimable site?
Lighters and Oven mits.  I think Mr. Coles is doing a bang up job.  And
whatever he does will be great.

>33) Following the 2004 Elections, I'd like to see this man in the White
>House:
Who cares.  Either way it'll be shit.

>34) Do you feel 'safer' now that Saddam Hussein has been apprehended?
Who? Oh right!  Nope.

>35) Now that he's in custody, I would handle Saddam this way:
pppbbbssstt!!! Come on!  Does it matter? NEXT!

>36) Where is Osama Bin Laden:
NEXT!!

>37) Have we seen the last of terrorism courtesy of Islamists on the
>homefront (US/UK/EUR)?
NEXT!!!

>38) Do you feel prepared for another such instance?
JESUS CHRIST! NEXT!!!!

>39) Do you think Iraq had anything to do with the events of September 11,
>2001?
As much as Mr. Bush, the Canadians and the NFL. NEXT!!!!!

>40) Where were you/what were you doing on that day?
I was at school (college).

>41) Were you the next American president, your first act in office would
>be:
NEEXXTT!!!!!!

>42) Tony Blair is a: _________.
ARRGGHHHHHGHGH!!!   NEXXXTTT!!!!!!!

>43) They want replace Franklin Delano Roosevelt's face on the American Dime
>with the face of Ronald Reagan. What is your reaction:
I say put Reagan on the $1000 bill.  Nobody sees it or uses them.

>44) George W. Bush is an idiot: True or False. Explain your feeling why you
>feel this way. Support your argument:
I am stopping right here.  No offense Alex.

>45) Under which American administration was the world/your own situation
>better off: Bush's or Clinton's?
Shit!  A lot of good that did last question.  They both sucked equally for
different reasons.  Either asshole stink.