[kj] YEAR END POLL FOR `03

Falcata-Galia Recordings gathering@misera.net
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 18:16:33 -0800

Michael;

You wouldn't happen to know Joe Fallon, would you?

Regards,

Rudolph A. Carrera
Fal=E7ata-Galia Recordings
http://www.falcata-galia.com
Tariff Records
http://www.tariffrecords.com
Rudy's Information Center
http://members.tripod.com/rudy_info_ctr/home.htm

-----Original Message-----
From: gathering-admin@misera.net [mailto:gathering-admin@misera.net] On
Behalf Of MIchael
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2003 6:09 PM
To: gathering@misera.net
Subject: Re: [kj] YEAR END POLL FOR `03

> > 1) Your Name: Michael garcia
> >
> > 2) Your Age: 35
> >
> > 3) Are you married and have you any children?
> Not married but happily taken/.no children> >
> > 4) I live here: Alameda, CA
> >
> > 5) I've been a member of the Gathering since: 2001????
> >
> > 6) What do you want for X-mas? New Mic - Blue Dragonfly> >
> > 7) Your biggest extravagance of the year? Maybe this coming year
> > 8) Your biggest hopes for 2004? Get a fucking records deal for
crissakes!!.

> > 9) What was the last album you bought,why, and how
> > is it? Swans - White light from the mouth of infinity (to replace my
lost one)

> > 10) Not including the new Killing Joke album, what
> > were your top five
> > favorite releases of the year? N/A
> > 11) What live bands have you seen recently. Did they
> > rate? New Model Army - Blew me away how intense two people could be.
Very minimalist but extremely satisfying!> >
> > 12) Worst music you heard all year: Most everything they play on the
radio, but I'd have to say anything by Stained

> > 14) Band(s) most in need of
> > reforming/touring/releasing new material: SWANS> >
> > 15) Band(s) most in need of hanging it up and
> > calling it a day: Sisters of Mercy since they are still technically
band.> >
> > 16) Albums most in need of re-mastering and
> > re-release deluxe stylee: Early KJ ctalogue
>

> > 17) Most overrated music of the year: White Strips, The Darkness
> >
> > 18) Most underrated music of the year:
> >
> > 19) Next to Killing Joke, my top five favorite
> > bands/artists are: Curve, Last Rites, Fields of teh nephilim, new
model
army, Electric Jesus (Shameful self promotion here, sorry> >
> > 20) Express your views on Killing Joke's presence on
> > the Internet  Horrible website, chatroom still not up.> >
> > 22) Regarding the Joke, despite all the
> > rumormongering, I'd really like the
> > following to happen: Obviously another album and live album, another
tour with more varying setlists, and some goddamned radio airplay to get
them out to the public.
> > 23) Did you get to see Killing Joke on this tour? If
> > so, briefly explain
> > your reaction
>
> Yes, it was awesome. band sound but not their fault> >
> > 24) What would you have rather seen on the album
> > cover, other than the red
> > Krusty Clown? A big fucking turd would have been mroe appealing
> >
> > 25) Favorite track on the new album: DR show
> >
> > 26) Least favorite track on the new album: You'll never get to me
> >
> > 27) Were it up to you to have chosen the first
> > single, it would have been: DR show
> >
> > 28) Have you managed to see "the Year of the Devil"
> > as yet? Your thoughts? Not yet
> >
> > 29) Outside of Andy Gill, who would you like to see
> > produce the next Killing
> > Joke record? : Flood
>

> > 30) Killing Joke track that best sums up the world
> > today: Blood on your hands
> >
> > 31) Have you bought anything from Malicious Damage
> > yet? If not, WHAT THE
> > FUCK ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Not yet, and I'm shamed not have not
bought
anything yet!

> > 32) Goods you'd like to see made available on Mike
> > Coles estimable site? Videos, and demos. unreleased tracks> >
> > 33) Following the 2004 Elections, I'd like to see
> > this man in the White
> > House: Raven!@
> >
> > 34) Do you feel 'safer' now that Saddam Hussein has
> > been apprehended? surely not
> >
> > 35) Now that he's in custody, I would handle Saddam
> > this way: Tried by his own people> >
> > 36) Where is Osama Bin Laden: in another hole like saddam> >
> > 37) Have we seen the last of terrorism courtesy of
> > Islamists on the
> > homefront (US/UK/EUR)? Of course not
> >
> > 38) Do you feel prepared for another such instance?
> hmm
> >
> > 39) Do you think Iraq had anything to do with the
> > events of September 11,
> > 2001? I cant answer that because I really dont know
> >
> > 40) Where were you/what were you doing on that day?
>My alarm woke me up. I was half asleep and I heard DJ's that normally
joke
around, talking very seriously. They said something about "Turn your TV
on
now" and I did. I was horrified watching the events of that morning