[kj] Year end Poll

gathering@misera.net gathering@misera.net
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 12:28:17 +1100

Hey!  Another Aussie!  Welcome aboard mate.

-S

~Analysis, Paralysis~

"Gary Howes" <ghowes@genesyslab.com>@misera.net on 19/12/2003 12:03:30

Please respond to gathering@misera.net

Sent by:    gathering-admin@misera.net

To:    <gathering@misera.net>
cc:

Subject:    [kj] Year end Poll

1) Your Name:

Gary Howes
2) Your Age:

Just turned 40

3) Are you married and have you any children?

My son Jaz is now 5 years old (Big Jaz wrote him a message when we met in
Sydney recently), and Bre, 9 years old.

4) I live here:

Sydney, Australia

5) I've been a member of the Gathering since:

2 weeks

6) What do you want for X-mas?
'The office' BBC TV show DVD

7) Your biggest extravagance of the year?
New Car.
8) Your biggest hopes for 2004?
Peace, and good news in the paper.
9) What was the last album you bought,why, and how
is it?
=A0England half English- Billy Bragg.
Good, but not great.
10) Not including the new Killing Joke album, what
were your top five favourite releases of the year?
The Q Magazine 2003 collection had some good tracks

11) What live bands have you seen recently. Did they
=A0rate?
Echo and the Bunnymen -Ian was out of it for the first half, then sobered
up.
Billy Bragg -Good, but too many tuning up stoppages, remember Joe Strummer
said "Who wants it to sound like the record? Me neither"

12) Worst music you heard all year:
I turn it off if it's no good!

14) Band(s) most in need of
reforming/touring/releasing new material:
Undertones.
15) Band(s) most in need of hanging it up and calling
it a day:
Rolling Stones
16) Albums most in need of re-mastering and
=A0re-release deluxe stylee:
Never mind the bollocks

17) Most overrated music of the year:

Nick Cave ( want to like him, but songs are always too weak)

18) Most underrated music of the year:
KJ of course.

19) Next to Killing Joke, my top five favourite
bands/artists are:
Clash, Cocteau Twins, Smiths, Conflict and David Sylvian.
20) Express your views on Killing Joke's presence on
the Internet

Long overdue, but thankfully now a reality

22) Regarding the Joke, despite all the
rumormongering, I'd really like the following to
happen:

TO KEEP GOING STRONG

24) What would you have rather seen on the album
cover, other than the red Krusty Clown?

Real artfrom the band

25) Favourite track on the new album:

You'll never get to me

26) Least favourite track on the new album:

Asteroid

27) Were it up to you to have chosen the first single,
it would have been:

Seeing Red

28) Have you managed to see "the Year of the Devil" as
yet? Your thoughts?
No
29) Outside of Andy Gill, who would you like to see produce the next
Killing Joke record?
Youth.
30) Killing Joke track that best sums up the world today:
Unto the ends of the earth
31) Have you bought anything from Malicious Damage yet? If not, WHAT THE
FUCK ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
T-Shirts
32) Goods you'd like to see made available on Mike Coles estimable site?
Bumper sticker!!!
33) Following the 2004 Elections, I'd like to see this man in the White
House:
An honest person.
34) Do you feel 'safer' now that Saddam Hussein has been apprehended?
No.
35) Now that he's in custody, I would handle Saddam this way:
Trail in the Hague.
36) Where is Osama Bin Laden:
Pakistan.
37) Have we seen the last of terrorism courtesy of Islamists on the
homefront (US/UK/EUR)?
No
38) Do you feel prepared for another such instance?
Yes
39) Do you think Iraq had anything to do with the events of September 11,
2001?
No
40) Where were you/what were you doing on that day?
Sydney, asleep. It was September 12th!!!
41) Were you the next American president, your first act in office would
be:
Reduce foreign intervention, look after my own people (I visit the US
regularly and it is the poorest place I go, bar Asia.)
42) Tony Blair is a: __Sad shadow of his former self..

43) They want replace Franklin Delano Roosevelt's face on the American Dime
with the face of Ronald Reagan. What is your reaction:
It speaks for itself. Very deluded.
44) George W. Bush is an idiot: True or False. Explain your feeling why you
feel this way. Support your argument:
Just is...
45) Under which American administration was the world/your own situation
better off: Bush's or Clinton's?
Clinton, flawed but still human. Great work on Aids with Nelson proves his
inner convictions.

NOTICE - This message is intended only for the use of the=20
addressee named above and may contain privileged and=20
confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient
of this message you are hereby notified that you must not=20
disseminate, copy or take any action based upon it.  If you=20
received this message in error please notify HIC immediately.
the views of HIC.