[kj] YEAR END POLL FOR `03

Bo Krogsgaard gathering@misera.net
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 02:06:50 +0100

On 18 Dec 2003 at 13:17, Alex Smith wrote:

> 1) Your Name:

Bo "Skodbums" Krogsgaard

> 2) Your Age:

34

> 3) Are you married and have you any children?

Unmarried, in relationship, and got a five year old boy (no those two are =
NOT the same)

> 4) I live here:

Vall=F8by, Denmark, about 50km south of Copenhagen

> 5) I've been a member of the Gathering since:

Mid 2000 i *think*

> 6) What do you want for X-mas?

Titties 'n' beer

> 7) Your biggest extravagance of the year?

Killing Joke live at Lokersefeesten, everything included

> 8) Your biggest hopes for 2004?

More titties 'n' beer

> 9) What was the last album you bought,why, and how is it?:

Barbara Morgenstern - Vermona something. Because a friend in Montreal copi=
ed over a
whole lot of her songs to me and i found that one had the most of those i =
liked. It's not
exactly the best but it's funny and cute and relaxing in a silly minimalis=
tic way. Oh, and she is
damned cute on a good day.

> 10) Not including the new Killing Joke album, what were your top five
> favorite releases of the year?

1) King Crimson - The Power To Believe .. has been my #1 since April now.
2) Vital Remains - Dechristianize
3) Vader - Blood

Err .. i think i ran out ..

Fit in the new Killing Joke at #2, by the way, and nobody are to stone ANY=
BODY before i
blow this whistle!

> 11) What live bands have you seen recently. Did they rate?

Killing Joke - best gig of my life

Manic Movement - friends of mine from Belgium, awesome gig but fell asleep=
 half way
through the set because i really overdid the beer due to my ex breaking up=
 the same day ..
did manage to wake up in time to hear their totally awesome version of Ann=
e Clark's "Our
Darkness" though

Cannot recall having seen any gigs after that .. actually i cannot recall =
much of this year ..

> 12) Worst music you heard all year:

Metallica - St Wanker and whoever it was out of Blur and Suede that releas=
ed an album on
the 5th of May, and me being stuck in fucking Heathrow for 90 minutes forc=
ed to listen to
that crap

> 13) If I find out that the person I'm talking to is a big fan of _______=
_, I
> lose all interest in talking to them (note: your answer need not be
> restricted to music)

Any nu-metal band, including Selloutica .. and fans of REM or Bj=F6rk shou=
ld keep quiet about
it too .. add to that Bruce Sterling and William Gibson, plus anybody ravi=
ng over the Lord Of
The Rings movies who haven't read the books should plainly shut the fuck u=

> 14) Band(s) most in need of reforming/touring/releasing new material:

Lux Occulta and an original lineup Cabaret Voltaire

> 15) Band(s) most in need of hanging it up and calling it a day:

Metallica, for fucks sake! And Front 242 from what i heard

> 16) Albums most in need of re-mastering and re-release deluxe stylee:

Uhm .. Can - Tago Mago if it hasn't yet and a whole lot of the Cabaret Vol=
taire back
catalogue

> 17) Most overrated music of the year:

Avril Lavigne and Metallica and all that fucking crap

> 18) Most underrated music of the year:

Uhm .. i would like to say the new Wire, but it ain't THAT good .. dunno .=
. all the good bands i
have heard this year got the respect they deserved, at least from their fa=
ns

> 19) Next to Killing Joke, my top five favorite bands/artists are:

Cabaret Voltaire, King Crimson, Tuxedomoon, Chrome and Godflesh are at lea=
st five bands
i spend a lot of time listening to

> 20) Express your views on Killing Joke's presence on the Internet

Well, if it wasn't for certain list members, it would suck more than being=
 stuck in an elevator
with Diamanda Galas

> 22) Regarding the Joke, despite all the rumormongering, I'd really like =
the
> following to happen:

That they take their break and keep the resurrection show going

> 23) Did you get to see Killing Joke on this tour? If so, briefly explain
> your reaction

Yes, Lokersefeesten in Belgium in August, waiting 19 years to see my fave =
band live and
then finally doing so, meeting them all and having a good time with local =
friends and fellow
Jokers there .. it was truly great

> 24) What would you have rather seen on the album cover, other than the r=
ed
> Krusty Clown?

Anything but that and naked pictures of Bj=F6rk

> 25) Favorite track on the new album:

Blood On Your Hands

> 26) Least favorite track on the new album:

You mean shittiest? Tie between Loose Cannon and You'll Never Get To Me

> 27) Were it up to you to have chosen the first single, it would have bee=
n:

Death & Resurrection Show, the short version as was on the web site .. it'=
s a fucking ear
ringer for all audiences

> 28) Have you managed to see "the Year of the Devil" as yet? Your thought=
s?

Nopes

> 29) Outside of Andy Gill, who would you like to see produce the next Kil=
ling
> Joke record?

Robert Fripp :>

> 30) Killing Joke track that best sums up the world today:

Blood On Your Hands

> 31) Have you bought anything from Malicious Damage yet? If not, WHAT THE
> FUCK ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

No, cos i DON'T HAVE A FUCKING DIME .. that trip to Canada is still costin=
g me ..

> 32) Goods you'd like to see made available on Mike Coles estimable site?

Do you get a percentage from there?
Uhm, i'd still like a blue shirt with the Revelations logo embroidered

> 33) Following the 2004 Elections, I'd like to see this man in the White
> House:

Denis Leary

> 34) Do you feel 'safer' now that Saddam Hussein has been apprehended?

On the contrary, at least he only oppressed people on a local scale

> 35) Now that he's in custody, I would handle Saddam this way:

Let him live in half of Bush's residence so they can play war with sticks =
and stones in the
back yard

> 36) Where is Osama Bin Laden:

Look for the upside down xmas tree .. that's not a tree, it's his beard dy=
ed green because
someone gave him a bunch of punk records

> 37) Have we seen the last of terrorism courtesy of Islamists on the
> homefront (US/UK/EUR)?

Definitely not, but they won't be the only ones

> 38) Do you feel prepared for another such instance?

Sure, there's nothing worth bombing here anyway

> 39) Do you think Iraq had anything to do with the events of September 11=
,
> 2001?

No

> 40) Where were you/what were you doing on that day?

At home, watching BBC News and chatting on IRC, drinking a crate of beer

> 41) Were you the next American president, your first act in office would=
 be:

To put Bush Sr., Bush Jr., Lars Ulrich and Eminem into the nastiest Asian =
prison for life

> 42) Tony Blair is a: _________.

Fucking marionette

> 43) They want replace Franklin Delano Roosevelt's face on the American D=
ime
> with the face of Ronald Reagan. What is your reaction:

BWA HA FUCKING HA! Didn't know that ..

> 44) George W. Bush is an idiot: True or False. Explain your feeling why =
you
> feel this way. Support your argument:

Complete idiot, he probably cannot even spell the word

> 45) Under which American administration was the world/your own situation
> better off: Bush's or Clinton's?

Has Bush done ANYTHING which wasn't to support his own or his dad's pocket=
s?