[kj] re:poll

gathering@misera.net gathering@misera.net
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 18:36:46 EST

--part1_198.23d85926.2d13940e_boundary

1) Your Name: Greg

2) Your Age: just turned 40! (My party was officially titled "Tapping into
the Aeons"

3) Are you married and have you any children?  engaged, no kids

4) I live here: Boston

5) I've been a member of the Gathering since: the recent KJ show in Boston

6) What do you want for X-mas? rare KJ stuff!

7) Your biggest extravagance of the year? going to India (where I met my
fiancee)

8) Your biggest hopes for 2004? new KJ tour; no war; jobs for all, etc.

9) What was the last album you bought,why, and how is it?:

3 albums at once: new Buzzcocks (excellent), new Joe Jackson (good it you
like him);
new Joe Strummer & the Mescaleros (a fucking masterpiece)

10) Not including the new Killing Joke album, what were your top five
favorite releases of the year?
Buzzcocks, Joe Strummer, Rancid, Luciano (reggae)

11) What live bands have you seen recently. Did they rate?

Prodigals (so-so), Rancid (not as good as last tour)

12) Worst music you heard all year:
lots--garage rock (especially White Stripes), kiddie punk, most everything
else

13) If I find out that the person I'm talking to is a big fan of ________, I
lose all interest in talking to them (note: your answer need not be restricted
to music)
Yankees
14) Band(s) most in need of reforming/touring/releasing new material:
KJ, Stiff Little Fingers (time for US tour), Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Mike
Watt

15) Band(s) most in need of hanging it up and calling it a day:
most of them

16) Albums most in need of re-mastering and re-release deluxe stylee:
KJ Revelations, all Black Flag
17) Most overrated music of the year:
Strokes, White Stripes
18) Most underrated music of the year:
KJ, Buzzcocks, Joe Strummer (you must bow to the masters)
19) Next to Killing Joke, my top five favorite bands/artists are:
Clash, Specials, Pogues, Minutemen, Boukman Experyans (from Haiti)

20) Express your views on Killing Joke's presence on the Internet
website could have more stuff; other sites good
22) Regarding the Joke, despite all the rumormongering, I'd really like the
following to happen:
promise of new tour/LP; ANY radio play in US

23) Did you get to see Killing Joke on this tour? If so, briefly explain your
reaction
Yes: disappointing in terms of sound, stage show/presence, and attendance;
1994 was best; still great to see them, and will see them any time they play

24) What would you have rather seen on the album cover, other than the red
Krusty Clown?
something anti-war/band photo
25) Favorite track on the new album:
Blood On Your Hands, You'll Never Get To Me (sorry)
26) Least favorite track on the new album:
House That Pain Built
27) Were it up to you to have chosen the first single, it would have been:
Blood On Your Hands, Loose Canon (very radio friendly)
28) Have you managed to see "the Year of the Devil" as yet? Your thoughts?
No
29) Outside of Andy Gill, who would you like to see produce the next Killing
Joke record?
KJ or Paul Koldiere
30) Killing Joke track that best sums up the world today:
Total Invasion, Blood On Your Hands
31) Have you bought anything from Malicious Damage yet? If not, WHAT THE FUCK
ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
No; not to be so cheap
32) Goods you'd like to see made available on Mike Coles estimable site?
posters?
33) Following the 2004 Elections, I'd like to see this man in the White
House:
none that are running--but if I had to choose, Dennis Kucinich or Carol
Mosley Brown
34) Do you feel 'safer' now that Saddam Hussein has been apprehended?
No
35) Now that he's in custody, I would handle Saddam this way:
Parade him and Bush and Bush Sr. and Reagan and the CIA (his allies) in the
streets and expose their crimes
36) Where is Osama Bin Laden:
hiding himself and his $300 that he inherited
37) Have we seen the last of terrorism courtesy of Islamists on the homefront
(US/UK/EUR)?
Probably not, but the media will milk it in order to control more world
resources
38) Do you feel prepared for another such instance?
I don't feel personally the need to--I don't work in a tall building or
anything
39) Do you think Iraq had anything to do with the events of September 11,
2001?
Of course not--it's already been shown that the Iraq and Bin Laden were
adversaries
40) Where were you/what were you doing on that day?
At school teaching; a supervisor told me
41) Were you the next American president, your first act in office would be:
Arrest all capitalists, cops, and politicians
42) Tony Blair is a: _________. lapdog for Bush!

43) They want replace Franklin Delano Roosevelt's face on the American Dime
with the face of Ronald Reagan. What is your reaction:
Gross
44) George W. Bush is an idiot: True or False. Explain your feeling why you
feel this way. Support your argument:
True--I don't have room to answer.
45) Under which American administration was the world/your own situation
better off: Bush's or Clinton's?
Clinton, but don't forget that he attacked US immigrants, cut welfare, and
hired 100,000 cops, and began planning the Gulf War II with his cabinet

--part1_198.23d85926.2d13940e_boundary

=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">1) Your Name: Greg<BR>
<BR>
2) Your Age: just turned 40! (My party was officially titled "Tapping into t=
he Aeons"<BR>
<BR>
3) Are you married and have you any children?&nbsp; engaged, no kids<BR>
<BR>
4) I live here: Boston<BR>
<BR>
5) I've been a member of the Gathering since: the recent KJ show in Boston <=

<BR>
6) What do you want for X-mas? rare KJ stuff!<BR>
<BR>
7) Your biggest extravagance of the year? going to India (where I met my fia=
ncee)<BR>
<BR>
8) Your biggest hopes for 2004? new KJ tour; no war; jobs for all, etc.<BR>
<BR>
9) What was the last album you bought,why, and how is it?:<BR>
<BR>
3 albums at once: new Buzzcocks (excellent), new Joe Jackson (good it you li=
ke him);<BR>
new Joe Strummer &amp; the Mescaleros (a fucking masterpiece)<BR>
<BR>
10) Not including the new Killing Joke album, what were your top five favori=
te releases of the year?<BR>
Buzzcocks, Joe Strummer, Rancid, Luciano (reggae)<BR>
<BR>
11) What live bands have you seen recently. Did they rate?<BR>
<BR>
Prodigals (so-so), Rancid (not as good as last tour)<BR>
<BR>
12) Worst music you heard all year:<BR>
lots--garage rock (especially White Stripes), kiddie punk, most everything e=
lse<BR>
<BR>
13) If I find out that the person I'm talking to is a big fan of ________, I=
 lose all interest in talking to them (note: your answer need not be restric=
ted to music)<BR>
Yankees<BR>
14) Band(s) most in need of reforming/touring/releasing new material:<BR>
KJ, Stiff Little Fingers (time for US tour), Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Mike W=
att<BR>
<BR>
15) Band(s) most in need of hanging it up and calling it a day:<BR>
most of them<BR>
<BR>
16) Albums most in need of re-mastering and re-release deluxe stylee:<BR>
KJ Revelations, all Black Flag<BR>
17) Most overrated music of the year:<BR>
Strokes, White Stripes<BR>
18) Most underrated music of the year:<BR>
KJ, Buzzcocks, Joe Strummer (you must bow to the masters)<BR>
19) Next to Killing Joke, my top five favorite bands/artists are:<BR>
Clash, Specials, Pogues, Minutemen, Boukman Experyans (from Haiti)<BR>
<BR>
20) Express your views on Killing Joke's presence on the Internet<BR>
website could have more stuff; other sites good<BR>
22) Regarding the Joke, despite all the rumormongering, I'd really like the=20=
following to happen:<BR>
promise of new tour/LP; ANY radio play in US<BR>
<BR>
23) Did you get to see Killing Joke on this tour? If so, briefly explain you=
r reaction<BR>
Yes: disappointing in terms of sound, stage show/presence, and attendance; 1=
994 was best; still great to see them, and will see them any time they play<=

<BR>
24) What would you have rather seen on the album cover, other than the red K=
rusty Clown?<BR>
something anti-war/band photo<BR>
25) Favorite track on the new album:<BR>
Blood On Your Hands, You'll Never Get To Me (sorry)<BR>
26) Least favorite track on the new album:<BR>
House That Pain Built<BR>
27) Were it up to you to have chosen the first single, it would have been:<B=

Blood On Your Hands, Loose Canon (very radio friendly)<BR>
28) Have you managed to see "the Year of the Devil" as yet? Your thoughts?<B=

No<BR>
29) Outside of Andy Gill, who would you like to see produce the next Killing=
 Joke record?<BR>
KJ or Paul Koldiere<BR>
30) Killing Joke track that best sums up the world today:<BR>
Total Invasion, Blood On Your Hands<BR>
31) Have you bought anything from Malicious Damage yet? If not, WHAT THE FUC=
K ARE YOU WAITING FOR?<BR>
No; not to be so cheap<BR>
32) Goods you'd like to see made available on Mike Coles estimable site?<BR>
posters?<BR>
33) Following the 2004 Elections, I'd like to see this man in the White Hous=
e:<BR>
none that are running--but if I had to choose, Dennis Kucinich or Carol Mosl=
ey Brown<BR>
34) Do you feel 'safer' now that Saddam Hussein has been apprehended?<BR>
No<BR>
35) Now that he's in custody, I would handle Saddam this way:<BR>
Parade him and Bush and Bush Sr. and Reagan and the CIA (his allies) in the=20=
streets and expose their crimes<BR>
36) Where is Osama Bin Laden:<BR>
hiding himself and his $300 that he inherited<BR>
37) Have we seen the last of terrorism courtesy of Islamists on the homefron=
t (US/UK/EUR)?<BR>
Probably not, but the media will milk it in order to control more world reso=
urces<BR>
38) Do you feel prepared for another such instance?<BR>
I don't feel personally the need to--I don't work in a tall building or anyt=
hing<BR>
39) Do you think Iraq had anything to do with the events of September 11, 20=
01?<BR>
Of course not--it's already been shown that the Iraq and Bin Laden were adve=
rsaries<BR>
40) Where were you/what were you doing on that day?<BR>
At school teaching; a supervisor told me<BR>
41) Were you the next American president, your first act in office would be:=
<BR>
Arrest all capitalists, cops, and politicians<BR>
42) Tony Blair is a: _________. lapdog for Bush!<BR>
<BR>
43) They want replace Franklin Delano Roosevelt's face on the American Dime=20=
with the face of Ronald Reagan. What is your reaction:<BR>
Gross<BR>
44) George W. Bush is an idiot: True or False. Explain your feeling why you=20=
feel this way. Support your argument:<BR>
True--I don't have room to answer.<BR>
45) Under which American administration was the world/your own situation bet=
ter off: Bush's or Clinton's?<BR>
Clinton, but don't forget that he attacked US immigrants, cut welfare, and h=
ired 100,000 cops, and began planning the Gulf War II with his cabinet<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_198.23d85926.2d13940e_boundary--