[kj] YEAR END POLL FOR `03

Jiri gathering@misera.net
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 14:03:03 -0800 (PST)

And a happy year-end to all...more Joke in '04.

1)	Your Name:
Dominik, but you can call me Jiri. Or Dominik. Or JS.
Or Jan (sounds like “Yon,” but then that gets back to
the whole unpronounceable source of why I got so many
damn names

2) Your Age:
25, but not still fresh.

3) Are you married and have you any children? No,
nein, ne.

4) I live here: Missouri

5) I've been a member of the Gathering since: Feb.
2003, with occasional lurking by proxy in the mid
‘90s. (I had no good e-mail, but a friend did).

6) What do you want for X-mas? I already got a clock
that turns backwards…perhaps many signposts leading to
the same place? Would those fit under the tree?

7) Your biggest extravagance of the year?
Either seeing KJ in three cities, or giving Mr. Colesy
my credit card several times. Or getting engaged.

8) Your biggest hopes for 2004? A KJ U.S. tour, a
continued Bush collapse, another trip to Praha.

9) What was the last album you bought, why, and how is
it?: Killing Joke (2003). Because I waited 7 years for
it. You know, I may be shot for this, but I think it
was really quite fucking great.

10) Not including the new Killing Joke album, what
were your top five favorite releases of the year?
The Unperverted Pantomime?, then. I don’t listen to
anything else. No, really, I don’t. I did get the
latest Radiohead but I don’t remember what it’s
called.

11) What live bands have you seen recently. Did they
rate? Killing Joke (of course) and Radiohead…who were
actually pretty good, though not very showy.

12) Worst music you heard all year: That one day I
tried FM radio again. Whew! Glad that’s over!

13) If I find out that the person I'm talking to is a
big fan of _a narrow, good vs. evil view of world
affairs_, I lose all interest in talking to them.
Nothing personal, you just don’

14) Band(s) most in need of
reforming/touring/releasing new material: Well, Joy
Division, but Ian kind of muffed the chances of that.

15) Band(s) most in need of hanging it up and calling
it a day: U2, Aerosmith, boy bands, the others.

16) Albums most in need of re-mastering and re-release
deluxe stylee: Democracy, Democracy, Democracy.

17) Most overrated music of the year: I haven’t paid
attention.

18) Most underrated music of the year: KJ, but I’m a
bit biased, don’t you think?

19) Next to Killing Joke, my top five favorite
bands/artists are: Joy Division, Underworld, Phish,
Radiohead

20) Express your views on Killing Joke's presence on
the Internet: Much, much better than their presence
anywhere else (except live)! Thank you Madani, Mik,
Jester Joe, Rob’s Arse, Ade, Andy M., Antoni, Bob
“wintergardens” B., Martin Dupras (R.I.Absentia), Paul
(also R.I.A., it seems), and everyone else. You’ve
provided hope amid a cold landscape. If I had the tech
wherewithal/knowledge, I’d try to contribute, too.
Someday…

22) Regarding the Joke, despite all the
rumormongering, I'd really like the following to
happen: A three-day KJ set, spanning all eras,
recorded on video as well as audio. I’ll put up my
mortgage, honest I will.

23) Did you get to see Killing Joke on this tour? If
so, briefly explain your reaction: Audio ejaculation.
First time ever. Thrice in three nights. I still go
home and blast a live version of Communion every
night, because it recaptures a feeling of unbelievably
vivid, ecstatic anticipation and glee. I waited way
too long for this.

24) What would you have rather seen on the album
cover, other than the red Krusty Clown? Something like
WTF…!, or else:
http://www.studio-c.co.uk/skylitezone/weird/w0008.html

25) Favorite track on the new album: Blood on Your
Hands

26) Least favorite track on the new album: Asteroid

27) Were it up to you to have chosen the first single,
it would have been: Seeing Red

28) Have you managed to see "the Year of the Devil" as
yet? Your thoughts? Nope, thus none.

29) Outside of Andy Gill, who would you like to see
produce the next Killing Joke record? Not Youth!

30) Killing Joke track that best sums up the world
today: “Butcher”

31) Have you bought anything from Malicious Damage
yet? If not, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Too
much. Malicious tickery tockery, a Pandy shirt, a
Laugh at Your Peril shirt, a Red Mist shirt, a Popey
poster, a Wardance poster, a WTF! poster, a NWOBFG
print, Democracy print…this is pretty sad, I know.

32) Goods you'd like to see made available on Mike
Coles estimable site? A function that says, “Sorry,
but your order has been rejected so you can put food
back on your fiance’s table.” Or else a window
sticker.

33) Following the 2004 Elections, I'd like to see this
man in the White House: Kerry would be the least
likely to totally fuck up.

34) Do you feel 'safer' now that Saddam Hussein has
been apprehended? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

35) Now that he's in custody, I would handle Saddam
this way: Let the Iraqis try him, let them string him
up by his nuts if they want. It’s their country, it
was their suffering, it’s their culture.

36) Where is Osama Bin Laden: Masturbating to German
porn flicks in western Pakistan.

37) Have we seen the last of terrorism courtesy of
Islamists on the homefront (US/UK/EUR)? Nope, they’re
a modern-day mafia with a different agenda.

38) Do you feel prepared for another such instance? If
it kills me, yes; if I survive it, then no.

39) Do you think Iraq had anything to do with the
events of September 11, 2001? Hardly. But what is
“Iraq,” anyway?

40) Where were you/what were you doing on that day?
Talking to a reporter on the phone from New York,
pitching a frivolous story, when news of something
very frightening trickled in. Very awkward, very
disheartening.

41) Were you the next American president, your first
act in office would be: Find a better intern to have a
ride with, and try to refamiliarize arrogant America
with the word “diplomacy.”

42) Tony Blair is a: _gullible little boy_.

43) They want replace Franklin Delano Roosevelt's face
on the American Dime with the face of Ronald Reagan.
What is your reaction: This epitomized how deranged
that sect of Republicans is. They already gave him the
airport. They like their oblivious presidents, don’t
they?

44) George W. Bush is an idiot: True or False. Explain
your feeling why you feel this way. Support your
argument: True. So it's not entirely his fault, but
also his influencers. Alas, the evidence is too long
and plentiful to explain in this already long chain.
See truthout.org for details.

45) Under which American administration was the
world/your own situation better off: Bush's or
Clinton's?
Does the rest of the world exist under Bush's? I
hadn't heard...I thought they were just our bitches to
toy with. Seriously, Clinton’s, clearly, but not all
thanks to him. Nonetheless, bumbling with good
intentions is better than intentionally trying to fuck
me and everything/everyone I hold dear.