[kj] YEAR END POLL FOR `03

gathering@misera.net gathering@misera.net
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 21:02:18 +0000

>1) Your Name:

>DAVE
>
>2) Your Age:

>34, PHYSICALLY
>
>3) Are you married and have you any children?

>NEVER! EVER! EVER! CAN'T SEE THE POINT IN MARRIAGE (FOR ME I MEAN).
>
>4) I live here:

>EDINBURGH, SCOTLAND... YE WANT TAE MAKE SOMETHIN' OF IT LIKES YA RADGE?
>
>5) I've been a member of the Gathering since:

>1998? 1999? HARD TO REMEMBER NOW
>
>6) What do you want for X-mas?

A CANCELLATION OF THE WHOLE DAMN THING.

>7) Your biggest extravagance of the year?

GOING TO SEE TURBONEGRO AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN

>8) Your biggest hopes for 2004?

LESS SHIFTING TOWARDS THE RIGHT PLEASE AND A WHOLE HOST OF OTHER THINGS.
BLIND HOPE.

>9) What was the last album you bought,why, and how is it?:

JOE STRUMMER - STREETCORE - PATCHY, BUT SOME GREAT MOMENTS

>10) Not including the new Killing Joke album, what were your top five
>favorite releases of the year?

TURBONEGRO - SCANDINAVIAN LEATHER,
FUZZTONES - SALT FOR ZOMBIES,
BUZZCOCKS - BUZZCOCKS
OTHER THAN THOSE, OR SOMETHING SO GOOD I'VE FORGOTTEN ABOUT IT, IT'S BEEN
PRETTY DISMAL.

>11) What live bands have you seen recently. Did they rate?

TURBONEGRO 5 TIMES IN THE LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS. FUCKING GREAT EVERYTIME,
THOUGH LONDON WAS FULL OF WANKERS.

>12) Worst music you heard all year:

HMM, I'VE BLANKED IT OUT I THINK

>13) If I find out that the person I'm talking to is a big fan of ________,
>I lose all interest in talking to them (note: your answer need not be
>restricted to music)

OH, SO MUCH, HEH HEH. MUSICALLY, THE DARKNESS. I'D SAY GEORGE BUSH BUT TEND
TO ARGUE POINTLESSLY INSTEAD OF LOSING INTEREST.

>14) Band(s) most in need of reforming/touring/releasing new material:

I'D LOVE THE STRANGLERS WITH HUGH BACK.   NEW HAWKWIND ALBUM (BUT THAT'S
COMING NEXT YEAR ANYWAY).

>15) Band(s) most in need of hanging it up and calling it a day:

MOST OF THE SHIT AT HOLIDAYS IN THE SUN EVERY YEAR

>16) Albums most in need of re-mastering and re-release deluxe stylee:

HAWKWIND - WARRIOR ON THE EDGE OF TIME

>17) Most overrated music of the year:

THE FUCKING DARKNESS. GIVE ME BLEEDIN' STRENGTH.

>18) Most underrated music of the year:

I DUNNO... RATED BY WHO? IF IT'S THE SAME PEOPLE THAT RATE THE ABOVE, THEN
PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING I LIKE!  BUT I DON'T WANT THEM TO LIKE IT ANYWAY...
STAY AWAY YOU CUNTS!

>19) Next to Killing Joke, my top five favorite bands/artists are:

IN CONSTANTLY CHANGING ORDER - HAWKWIND, THE DAMNED, TURBONEGRO, ROKY
ERICKSON, AND THEN LOTS MORE... CLASH, STRANGLERS, NEKROMANTIX, AND ON AND
ON AND ON, SO MANY!

>20) Express your views on Killing Joke's presence on the Internet

WELL, IT'S THERE. NEVER USED TO BE MUCH AND NOW THERE IS.

>22) Regarding the Joke, despite all the rumormongering, I'd really like
>the following to happen:

THEM TO KEEP GOING

>23) Did you get to see Killing Joke on this tour? If so, briefly explain
>your reaction

PURE JOY. WHEN THEY CAME ON WITH REQIUEM AT CAMDEN IT WAS TRULY A MOMENT TO
SAVOUR.

>24) What would you have rather seen on the album cover, other than the red
>Krusty Clown?

WHATEVER MIKE WOULDA COME UP WITH... PRETTY LIKELY I WOULDA LIKED THAT YIN.

>25) Favorite track on the new album:
HMM, POSSIBLY DEATH AND RESURRECTION SHOW, BUT THERE'S A FEW THAT ARE FAVES.

>26) Least favorite track on the new album:

LOOSE CANNON

>27) Were it up to you to have chosen the first single, it would have been:

SEEING RED, MAYBE.

>28) Have you managed to see "the Year of the Devil" as yet? Your thoughts?

NO

>29) Outside of Andy Gill, who would you like to see produce the next
>Killing Joke record?

JIMMY PURSEY  (JOKE)

>30) Killing Joke track that best sums up the world today:

SEEING RED

>31) Have you bought anything from Malicious Damage yet? If not, WHAT THE
>FUCK ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

BOUGHT LOTS. TOO MUCH IN MY OPINION, NOT ENOUGH IN MIKE'S (I ASSUME) :)

>32) Goods you'd like to see made available on Mike Coles estimable site?

BEDSPREADS. NOT REALLY. MORE COOL SHIRTS.

>33) Following the 2004 Elections, I'd like to see this man in the White House:

THERE'S NO-ONE THAT'S WITHIN THE REALMS OF POSSIBILITY. OKAY THEN MR.MOORE.

>34) Do you feel 'safer' now that Saddam Hussein has been apprehended?

HA HA HA HA

>35) Now that he's in custody, I would handle Saddam this way:

IT'LL TAKE ME TOO LONG TO COME UP WITH AN ANSWER... PUB IN A WEE
WHILE.   DON'T BELIEVE IN DEATH PENALTY THOUGH.

>36) Where is Osama Bin Laden:

MORE PLACES BY THE DAY, SADLY.

>37) Have we seen the last of terrorism courtesy of Islamists on the
>homefront (US/UK/EUR)?

OH I VERY MUCH DOUBT IT. VERY VERY MUCH.

>38) Do you feel prepared for another such instance?

MY UNDERGROUND BUNKER IS ALMOST COMPLETED. KEEP BACK... I'M ARMED...
THERE'S NO ROOM FOR YOU!

>39) Do you think Iraq had anything to do with the events of September 11,
>2001?

NOT A FUCKING THING.

>40) Where were you/what were you doing on that day?

PUTTING UP POSTERS FOR THANES GIG ROUND EDINBURGH.

>41) Were you the next American president, your first act in office would be:

CONTROLLING THE MEDIA  ;-)

>42) Tony Blair is a: _________.

FUCKING WANKER, CAN HARDLY BELIEVE HE'S UP THERE WITH THATCHER IN MY
MOST-HATED.

>43) They want replace Franklin Delano Roosevelt's face on the American
>Dime with the face of Ronald Reagan. What is your reaction:
NONE REALLY.

>44) George W. Bush is an idiot: True or False. Explain your feeling why
>you feel this way. Support your argument:

IS THIS A TRICK QUESTION?  BUSH IS SUPPORTING MY ARGUMENT FOR ME.

>45) Under which American administration was the world/your own situation
>better off: Bush's or Clinton's?

THE WORLD WAS BETTER UNDER CLINTON, BUT THEY'RE ALL CUT FROM THE SAME CLOTH
REALLY...  BUSH HAS TAKEN BEING A CUNT TO EXTREMES THOUGH.

YES, I KNOW I'VE BEEN SHOUTING ALL THE WAY THROUGH BUT MAKES IT EASIER TO
DISTINGUISH FROM THE QUESTION PART. WELL, IT DOES FOR ME!