[kj] YEAR END POLL FOR `03

Phillipps Marc gathering@misera.net
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 18:53:22 -0000

1) Your Name:

Marc Phillipps

2) Your Age:

36

3) Are you married and have you any children?

Yes & No

4) I live here:

I never knew Alex lived in my PC ?? . . . I live here
http://tinyurl.com/3xfdy

5) I've been a member of the Gathering since:

Erm . . . .  98/99 (I think?)

6) What do you want for X-mas?

Already got it ordered  - A DVD Burner

7) Your biggest extravagance of the year?

A new car

8) Your biggest hopes for 2004?

Bush and Blair get what's coming to them . . .

9) What was the last album you bought,why, and how is it?:

1200 Mics - Heroes Of The Imagination, I bought it because I like them and
it's very good thank you :o)

10) Not including the new Killing Joke album, what were your top five
favorite releases of the year?

The above album, Youth in Dub, Ethnogenic - Spontaneous Illumination, Beat
Hackers (can't remember what it's called . . ) oooh loads of stuff !

11) What live bands have you seen recently. Did they rate?

KJ & yes they did

12) Worst music you heard all year:

The Darkness I'm afraid . . .

13) If I find out that the person I'm talking to is a big fan of fox
hunting, I lose all interest in talking to them (note: your answer need not
be restricted to music)

14) Band(s) most in need of reforming/touring/releasing new material:

Gabriel era Genesis (sorry)

15) Band(s) most in need of hanging it up and calling it a day:

That'll be The Dorkness then . .

16) Albums most in need of re-mastering and re-release deluxe stylee:

All KJ's back catalogue

17) Most overrated music of the year:

Oooh look, it's The Darkness again

18) Most underrated music of the year:

Judging by chart placing that'll be KJ

19) Next to Killing Joke, my top five favorite bands/artists are:

All Psytrance

20) Express your views on Killing Joke's presence on the Internet

Good, but could be better

22) Regarding the Joke, despite all the rumormongering, I'd really like the
following to happen:

Badly hung boy looses voice - KJ tour

23) Did you get to see Killing Joke on this tour? If so, briefly explain
your reaction

Yes, as good as ever (better than sometimes)

24) What would you have rather seen on the album cover, other than the red
Krusty Clown?

Rob's arse

25) Favorite track on the new album:

Seeing Red

26) Least favorite track on the new album:

You'll never get to me

27) Were it up to you to have chosen the first single, it would have been:

Promoted better

28) Have you managed to see "the Year of the Devil" as yet? Your thoughts?

No

29) Outside of Andy Gill, who would you like to see produce the next Killing
Joke record?

Simon Posford

30) Killing Joke track that best sums up the world today:

Seeing Red

31) Have you bought anything from Malicious Damage yet? If not, WHAT THE
FUCK ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

Yes I have

32) Goods you'd like to see made available on Mike Coles estimable site?

Long sleeve shirts would be nice for the winter months

33) Following the 2004 Elections, I'd like to see this man in the White
House:

Michael Moore

34) Do you feel 'safer' now that Saddam Hussein has been apprehended?

No

35) Now that he's in custody, I would handle Saddam this way:

(jiggles hands about}

36) Where is Osama Bin Laden:

Probably the Afghan border regions

37) Have we seen the last of terrorism courtesy of Islamists on the
homefront (US/UK/EUR)?

No

38) Do you feel prepared for another such instance?

Never

39) Do you think Iraq had anything to do with the events of September 11,
2001?

No

40) Where were you/what were you doing on that day?

At work, watching the news come in over the net . . . speechless and shocked

41) Were you the next American president, your first act in office would be:

A cagney impression ?

42) Tony Blair is a: bad bad man .

43) They want replace Franklin Delano Roosevelt's face on the American Dime
with the face of Ronald Reagan. What is your reaction:

{laughs}

44) George W. Bush is an idiot: True or False. Explain your feeling why you
feel this way. Support your argument:

Yes, in support I offer you the following www.bushisms.com

45) Under which American administration was the world/your own situation
better off: Bush's or Clinton's?

>From a UK perspective Clinton's without a shadow of a doubt.

& Haringey Health Communities.