[kj] lizards

Shadforth, Jane E SUKOP-UOIT/42 gathering@misera.net
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 16:01:01 -0000

Hi Antoni - sorry I missed you before & after the show, and only managed =
to exchange about two words in there.

Hoping to catch Metal Urbain tonight in Leeds, as I missed them at both =
London & Notts. Will let you know what I think.

I can't remember - did you say you'd be at the Damned on Saturday, or =
are you doing the Men they couldn't hang?

Jane

-----Original Message-----
From: Antoni Adamiak [mailto:antoni@clara.net]
Sent: 18 December 2003 15:52
To: gathering@misera.net
Subject: Re: [kj] lizards

Oh no, not the lizards again ... I take we are all aware that Feb/Mar =
dates
now seem unlikely ? Dave Simpson says that the Astoria Sunday footage is
going to be touched up in the studio on account of some ropey playing on =
the
night.

Went to see the Army at the Astoria the other night - who was supporting =
?
Bloody hell, none other than ancient French punks Metal Urbain. It was =
at a
gig by The Birthday Party in 1982 at the Zig Zag club that I saw a young
Sisters Of Mercy and, on account of the drum machine, it was commented =
"this
lot sound a bit like Metal Urbain". I don't think too many in the NMA =
crowd
had any idea who they were and most people seemed bemused by the =
combination
of old school riffs and the trusty drum machine back beat - what with =
the
singing, it didn't sound a million miles away from The Young Gods.

* http://home.clara.net/antoni/ *