[kj] Rolling Stone Weighs In

Alexander Smith gathering@misera.net
Fri, 29 Aug 2003 09:51:43 -0500

--MS_Mac_OE_3144995503_49705_MIME_Part

Yeah, I was quite struck by that howling omission as well.

Alex in NYC

----------
From: Thomas Kennedy <tkennedy1999@sbcglobal.net>
To: gathering@misera.net
Subject: Re: [kj] Rolling Stone Weighs In
Date: Fri, Aug 29, 2003, 12:55 AM

I'm surprised they didn't mention Dave Grohl......

Tom.

MotelHell@aol.com wrote:

As if you didn't already have enough reasons to boycott this glorified
toilet
paper, Rolling Stone reviews the new album:

KILLING JOKE
Killing Joke
ZUMA
** (two stars out of five)
These middle-aged Brits, who first blended metal, post-punk and New Wave
sounds into an oppressive mess twenty years ago return with one of the
darkest
albums in their extensive catalog. On tracks such as "Loose Cannon", the big

riffs and expertly constructed electronic textures make for a heady, dark
mix. But
all the humorless gloom and doom feels oppressive after a while, and KILLING

JOKE ultimately plays like the soundtrack to a slightly pretentious horror
film
- Christian Hoard and Jon Caramanica.

Opinions aside, what a horribly written bit of drivel (the adjective
"oppressive" apearing twice in three sentences?) I get the feeling the only
track
these cock-jockeys listened to was "Loose Cannon". And what's this about
"expertly
constructed electronic textures"? What does that even MEAN?

Fuck Rolling Stone.

Alex in NYC
Home: vassifer@earthlink.net

--MS_Mac_OE_3144995503_49705_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: [kj] Rolling Stone Weighs In</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR=3D"#FFFFFF">
<BR>
Yeah, I was quite struck by that howling omission as well.<BR>
<BR>
Alex in NYC<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
----------<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE>I'm surprised they didn't mention Dave Grohl......<BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
Tom.<BR>
<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><U>MotelHell@aol.com</U></FONT> wrote:<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
As if you didn't already have enough reasons to boycott this glorified toil=
et <BR>
paper, Rolling Stone reviews the new album:<BR>
<BR>
KILLING JOKE <BR>
Killing Joke<BR>
ZUMA<BR>
** (two stars out of five)<BR>
These middle-aged Brits, who first blended metal, post-punk and New Wave <B=

sounds into an oppressive mess twenty years ago return with one of the dark=
est <BR>
albums in their extensive catalog. On tracks such as &quot;Loose Cannon&quo=
t;, the big <BR>
riffs and expertly constructed electronic textures make for a heady, dark m=
ix. But <BR>
all the humorless gloom and doom feels oppressive after a while, and KILLIN=
G <BR>
JOKE ultimately plays like the soundtrack to a slightly pretentious horror =
film<BR>
- Christian Hoard and Jon Caramanica.<BR>
<BR>
Opinions aside, what a horribly written bit of drivel (the adjective <BR>
&quot;oppressive&quot; apearing twice in three sentences?) I get the feelin=
g the only track <BR>
these cock-jockeys listened to was &quot;Loose Cannon&quot;. And what's thi=
s about &quot;expertly <BR>
constructed electronic textures&quot;? What does that even MEAN?<BR>
<BR>
Fuck Rolling Stone.<BR>
<BR>
Alex in NYC<BR>